Boy oh boy am I going to laugh a lot this week. Not just at my own jokes, like just before when I posted on Facebook about how my potential new bunny would get free WIFI, but at legitimate comedians. That’s right friends, the NZ International Comedy Festival is here and I am going to see heaps of shows! Hurrah!
It’s hard picking which shows to go to, because there are SO MANY FUNNY PEOPLE TO SEE. Here’s how I’ve decided what shows I have to not miss out on this week:
- Comedians who share my first name.
- Real life friends who won Best Newcomer (Auckland) last year and should be even better this year.
- Comedy with piano. I loved it when Manny did it in Black Books, I reckon I’ll love this too.
- The award winning show with the unpronounceable name.
- The kids show by the same guy, because if I learned anything last year, it was that Barnie and Trygve’s The Magic Chicken was even better than Constantinople.
- The dudes who made the Facebook in Real Life video, but have done way more since then.
- A trio of guys from the land of the mighty Chiefs, because I’ll probably get the jokes, and because I want to round out my list with some more kiwis.
See you there?
Here’s Josie Long on Never Mind The Buzzcocks ages ago, because I’m seeing her on Wednesday and I saw the Buzzcocks last night and that’s enough reasons!