A few things I’m really liking right now:
- Cityhop – Car rental by the hour, perfect for CBD dwellers like me for those times when you have to go out to the far-flung suburbs.
- Nails by Leah – I got myself some nail art as a a special treat and I love them.
- Live Below the Line – The challenge to live on $2.25 a day for five days, while raising money for some great charities.
- The New Zealand International Film Festival – I went to First Position at The Civic today, which was warm and inspiring with a touch of mad ballet mother.
- The Sparrow – I bought Lawrence Arabia’s new album when it came out a few weeks ago and went to the live show at Auckland Town Hall on Friday night. So good. I loved seeing Dr John Wells, the city organist up there with the band too.
- The brilliant win by the Waikato/BOP Magic in the ANZ Championship. It is wonderful to finally have that trophy in NZ hands, but also lovely to see the win for Irene van Dyk, a wonderful athlete and one of the finest people I have ever known.
- Sandwiches – I made a great sandwich today. It’s the small things…